June 2010: Seattle Livestrong Challenge Ride:
Training Plan Weekly Updates and Schedule (last updated on March 11):
- May 15: I have been training very little due to work and family commitments. This sucks bad. Oh well. At least I’ll have fun?
- March 11: I have not been training at all due to work commitments. This sucks.
- Feb 4: It is getting pretty routine to ride the 10 miles in 30 minutes on the stationary bike. But, I need to work on cardio fitness and I am not quite up to long rides yet. So, I am going to add some swimming to the training program. I have added some distance goals for this into the schedule below based on a program I found here.
In addition to recovering from hips surgery, and all the PT that goes with that, I have a longer term goal. I want to be able to complete (in a reasonable time) the Seattle Livestrong Challenge Ride this June (2010). I have signed up for the 71 mile distance, which is optimistic. I will make the decision on May 1 whether or not I need to downgrade to the 40 mile distance.
Training Plan Milestones:
- Jan 1: 30 minutes slow spinning on stationary bike (not met – only up to 10 minutes by Jan 1)
- Feb 1: 10 miles on stationary bike at decent pace, flat course (met early! on Jan 12. But man am I sore!)
- Mar 1: 10 – 15 miles on stationary bike, rolling course and some climbing. Start riding my bike to work again (only 4 miles but is a good climb home). Work up to 10 miles on the road. (not met)
- Apr 1: 20 miles on the road (not sure, haven’t tried yet)
- May 1: 30 miles on the road (ummm, how hard can it be?)
- Jun 1: 50 miles on the road (the clock is ticking….)